OS X Internal Networking

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Eberbachl

OS X Internal Networking

Post by Eberbachl »

.....firstly, as this is my first post here....congratulations on a great package!

I'm using Server 2003 and Windows XP Guests on my 13" MackBook Host machine, and they're flying!

Very nice ;)

....small problem however - one of the things I need is internal networking. Not so much concerned about Host Interface networking at this time (although that would be nice), but I do require the ability to network between Guest machines.

I've set the network adapters on all of my Guest machines to use internal network at the command line according to the instructions in the User Manual, and have tried both the default internal network name of intnet, and also specifying a custom internal network name (in this case, "lukenet").

The configuration goes smoothly, and the internal network name is correctly shown for each Guest in the settings area, but when I try to boot any of the machines, I get the following error, and they won't start.

Does anyone have any ideas that might be able to help me?

Many thanks,

Luke.

;)
achimha
Volunteer

Post by achimha »

Internal Networking is not yet supported on OS X hosts. We're working on it (first USB and Host Interface Networking).
Eberbachl

Post by Eberbachl »

Many thanks for the reply.

I look forward to when it's supported!

;)