guest MAC OS Snow Leopard on win7 host - USB Stick and other

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Hik
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: MAC OS Snow Leopard

guest MAC OS Snow Leopard on win7 host - USB Stick and other

Post by Hik »

Hallo. My host OS is Win7 and have installed the latest Version of VirtualBox on it. I managed to get OSX 10.6.1 /(Snow Leopard) to work but I have several problems. The first problem is that the network isnt working at all. In some cases the virtualBox network crushes my host OS network and I have to go through severel reconnections with my router to get it working again. Well, I kind of gave up the idea that the network will work on my system.

But I need to transfer data from the guest OS to my host OS, so the first thing I tried is to use the shared folders. It says that I need to install the guestAdditions in order to use that. But there is no file for Mac in the guestAdditions.iso.

Because I really need to get my data I tried to mount a USB Stick since I read that usb can be passed through to the guest machine without the use of the network. It kind of worked (I plugged in the stick, setted a filter in the USB Settings of Virtual box). I can see the stick in Mac but I have read only acess. I cannot write data on the stick. Is there more than adding the filter I have to do in order to work with the stick "in both directions" ?

It really is kind of frustrating. Im thankful for every hint.
Leak
Guest OSses: Debian Testing, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2

Re: guest MAC OS Snow Leopard on win7 host - USB Stick and other

Post by Leak »

I think you'll find the answer to your post right here...
Hik
Guest OSses: MAC OS Snow Leopard

Re: guest MAC OS Snow Leopard on win7 host - USB Stick and other

Post by Hik »

Oh darn, i see! Thank you.