AutoHotkey issue?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
gsearle
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

AutoHotkey issue?

Post by gsearle »

Has anybody noticed a conflict between VirtualBox and AutoHotkey on a Windows host? It appears that their keyboard hooks can conflict, resulting in AutoHotkey scripts eventually becoming unresponsive (reload required). Other symptoms seem to be modifier keys getting "stuck" in the "down" position, so keypresses end up being alt-keypresses, for example. The clipboard also stops working properly in the virtual environment. These symptoms appear only after a virtual machine has been running a while under heavy use.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: AutoHotkey issue?

Post by Perryg »

The clipboard issue is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed in the next maintenance release.
I am not sure about your other problem as I have not seen it before. If it is directly tied to the clipboard issue I would assume this would be fixed as well in the next release.
RJKalhoon
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
Guest OSses: win7, linux (2.4&.2.6)

Re: AutoHotkey issue?

Post by RJKalhoon »

I am also seeing the modifier key issue. I've tried to find the reason but haven't, disabled shared clipboard, tried different guest os's (linux 2.4 and 2.6) different win's with same result. It appears randomly for me, it can take days with my guest running (light use on host and guest os) or minutes under heavy use. The only way I have to fix my host stuck modifier key problem is to reboot.
gsearle
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Still an issue

Post by gsearle »

:| The AutoHotKey problem is still an issue with the current release. I have cross-posted to the AutoHotKey forum as well. Hopefully someone is interested either here or there. Otherwise it is just another annoying cross-compatibility problem.