Napster to go / samsung mp3 in virtual xp on Gusty AMD64

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
jonnywombat

Napster to go / samsung mp3 in virtual xp on Gusty AMD64

Post by jonnywombat »

I have been struggling with this for ages, and have had no joy with posts in the virtualisation area in the ubuntu forum...

I am running a fully legit and updated copy of Windows XP on virtual box 1.5.2 in Ubuntu 7.10 (amd 64)..

The sole reason for having to do this is to enable me to use the Napster to go service.. I have the Napster client up and running on my virtual machine just fine.. but I am having problems with connecting my mp3 player.

I have followed the guide at http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=2776 and have got USB up and running.

Within Virtual box in the usb filters my device is correctly identified as a samsung yp-k5, but when I fire up virtual xp then it all goes wrong. No device appears in "my computer" although it is found in the device manager, but only as a generic MTP device. Most importantly Napster cannot find my device.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this??

Many thanks

Jonny
levander

Napster on virtualbox

Post by levander »

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm the unfortunate owner of a Samsung SGH-A707 and would like to subscribe to Napster also. But, I'm not currently running any dedicated Windows boxes.

What'd you end up doing about running Napster? Did you ever get anywhere with it? Hopefully you're not having to dual boot....