Something's wrong

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
mcgrathva
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Something's wrong

Post by mcgrathva »

I have a mac book pro running Snow Leopard and have installed vbox so that I could run Windows 7 on here. I appear to have this working (the os is operational).

I need help with...

1) I cannot seem to change the size of the Windows 7 guest inside vbox. When I maximize or drag my vbox window to make it larger, Windows 7 stays the same (small) size... Ideally I'd like this to open and default to nearly the same size as a full screen
2) The commands (at the top of the vbox menu) don't do what they say (e.g. Host+A is supposed to adjust window size... nothing happens).
3) How can I get the Windows 7 guest to see my harddrive on my mac and use it as a shared folder?
4) How do I get sound and printing (to my mac connected printer) working from Windows (the internet works fine, which makes me wonder why this got set up as a default)?

There will probably be more so thanks for your help and expertise! -m
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Re: Something's wrong

Post by stefan.becker »

Install Guest Additions and search forum for "realtek".
SteezyBoy
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows, Mac OSX

Post by SteezyBoy »

mcgrathva wrote:I have a mac book pro running Snow Leopard and have installed vbox so that I could run Windows 7 on here. I appear to have this working (the os is operational).

I need help with...

1) I cannot seem to change the size of the Windows 7 guest inside vbox. When I maximize or drag my vbox window to make it larger, Windows 7 stays the same (small)
Well, do you have VirtualBox Guest Additions installed??
mcgrathva

Post by mcgrathva »

No, and I see what the issue is after reading the manual... impetuous by nature....

So, now I'm trying to install the vboxguestadditions.iso file (mounting it in the vm), but I can't find the file in Finder on my mac (I can't see an installation directory).

Ideas?
mcgrathva

Post by mcgrathva »

Sorry for the fire drill... I was able to isolate the iso file to my mac desktop and mounted it to my vm image...