JOGL in Solaris can't find libXcomposite.so

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
oldbushie
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 2000 SP4, Solaris 10

JOGL in Solaris can't find libXcomposite.so

Post by oldbushie »

I'm trying to use JOGL in Solaris 10 on VirtualBox 3.1.2, and I've managed to get my coding environment set up properly at least, but I get this error when trying to run the compiled application:
libjogl.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libXcomposite.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right version of JOGL but I can't seem to find libXcomposite.so.1 anywhere on the system, and I can't figure out what packages I would need to download to make it available. I saw here that libXcomposite.so.1 disappears after installing Guest Additions, but I have no way of verifying that at the moment. Any ideas?

Also, I'm wondering if this is an issue with Solaris 10 but not OpenSolaris, according to this ticket: http://vbox.innotek.de/pipermail/vbox-t ... 24984.html I'm testing out our code on Solaris 10 so that we can deploy it on our client's Solaris machines.
oldbushie

Re: JOGL in Solaris can't find libXcomposite.so

Post by oldbushie »

I got our software running in Solaris 10 on a standalone box, but the exact same code in VirtualBox still has the libXcomposite error. I have the same exact software dependencies installed on both the virtual machine and the real machine. I tested with the latest version of VirtualBox as well, no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Ramshankar
Oracle Corporation

Post by Ramshankar »

This has been fixed on the trunk but the change didn't make it to the 3.1 branch, we'll fix it. Thanks
Oracle Corp.
oldbushie

Post by oldbushie »

Awesome, thanks for the update.
chadkelly
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris, Solaris, FreeBSD

Post by chadkelly »

oldbushie wrote:I'm trying to use JOGL in Solaris 10 on VirtualBox 3.1.2
Ramshankar wrote:This has been fixed on the trunk but the change didn't make it to the 3.1 branch, we'll fix it. Thanks

Similarly, my goal is to test Ardor3D (http://www.ardor3d.com/) in JOGL mode and ensure portability to the OpenSolaris and Solaris environments. VirtualBox is configured to use 3D acceleration and the guest additions have been installed. JDK version is 1.6.0_18. Do you believe the the case stated above, and the test case shown below result from the same problem?

OpenSolaris 2009.06 (guest) in VirtualBox 3.1.4 in Ubuntu 9.10 (host) with link and results

http://download.java.net/media/jogl/bui ... Gears.jnlp

javax.media.opengl.GLException: Unable to select one of the provided GLCapabilities
at javax.media.opengl.DefaultGLCapabilitiesChooser.chooseCapabilities(DefaultGLCapabilitiesChooser.java:218)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLDrawableFactory.chooseGraphicsConfiguration(X11GLDrawableFactory.java:190)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.chooseGraphicsConfiguration(GLCanvas.java:520)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:131)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:90)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:83)
at demos.gears.Gears.main(Gears.java:19)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1321)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1267)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1066)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:116)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
oldbushie

Post by oldbushie »

I'm trying VirtualBox 3.1.6 with a full reinstall of Guest Additions and I still get the issue. When might this get fixed? I'm using JOGL 1.1.1a.

*updated errors below*
Last edited by oldbushie on 24. May 2010, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
oldbushie

Post by oldbushie »

I get a slightly different error now with VirtualBox 3.2.0 and reinstalled guest additions. Also, running "ldd libjogl.so" in the terminal still shows that libXcomposite.so.1 is missing.

2010-05-24 03:05:24,412 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR NativeLibraryLoader - Error loading native library libjogl.so
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ./runtime/joglbin/nativelib-solaris-i586/libjogl.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: Java_sun_awt_image_BufImgSurfaceData_freeNativeICMData: can't find symbol
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1803)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1699)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1003)
2010-05-24 03:05:24,491 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR NativeLibraryLoader - Error loading native library libjogl_awt.so
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ./runtime/joglbin/nativelib-solaris-i586/libjogl_awt.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libXcomposite.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1803)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1699)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1003)
2010-05-24 03:05:24,648 [main] INFO - requesting GL capabilities: GLCapabilities [DoubleBuffered: true, Stereo: false, HardwareAccelerated: true, DepthBits: 16, StencilBits: 0, Red: 8, Green: 8, Blue: 8, Alpha: 8, Red Accum: 0, Green Accum: 0, Blue Accum: 0, Alpha Accum: 0, Multisample: false ]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.GLX.glXGetProcAddressARB(Ljava/lang/String;)J
at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.GLX.glXGetProcAddressARB(Native Method)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLDrawableFactory.dynamicLookupFunction(X11GLDrawableFactory.java:340)
at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.ProcAddressHelper.resetProcAddressTable(ProcAddressHelper.java:64)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLDrawableFactory.<init>(X11GLDrawableFactory.java:111)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at javax.media.opengl.GLDrawableFactory.getFactory(GLDrawableFactory.java:118)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.chooseGraphicsConfiguration(GLCanvas.java:520)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:131)