Alt-Tab Weirdness

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
derekgreer
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Alt-Tab Weirdness

Post by derekgreer »

I just upgraded to 3.2 yesterday and I'm now experiencing weirdness with my Alt-Tab. When running full screen, Alt-Tab engagues the host's windows, not the virtual machine's windows. I have to Alt-Tab to the host window and once selected I can Alt-Tab within it's windows, but only until I give focus to one of the windows. For instance, if I click on an open terminal window then Alt-Tab will show the host windows until I select the VM window again. This just started happening with the new version.

My setup, Windows 7 host, Windows 7 virtual, running 2 virtual monitors, running guest add-ons.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Wipeout
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Vista Business, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04, OSX 10.6.3

Re: Alt-Tab Weirdness

Post by Wipeout »

Yes. I posted in Windows Guests forum here: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31147

Wasn't sure if it was just me or not, but it looks like it's not just me. As far as I can tell, having two guest monitors is what does it.
Wipeout
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Vista Business, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04, OSX 10.6.3

Post by Wipeout »

derekgreer
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Post by derekgreer »

Due to this issue, I just went back to using a single virtual monitor. In my mind, this makes the dual/multi-monitor support unusable for Windows.
Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

Yep, definitely makes it much less usable.
Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

An update - for me, at least, this only happens with monitor 1 in focus. If I ALT+TAB or use the Windows key while the second monitor is in focus, they work correctly.
Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

This appears to be fixed in 3.2.2, released today. Would have been nice if there was any sort of acknowledgment of the issue here in the forums or elsewhere.