ALT+TAB and Windows keys with multiple guest monitors

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Wipeout
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Vista Business, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04, OSX 10.6.3

ALT+TAB and Windows keys with multiple guest monitors

Post by Wipeout »

Hi everybody,

Noticed something in VB3.2.0 and wanted to see if I'm "doing it wrong" or if it's actually a problem.

Windows 7 Pro x64 Host
Windows XP Pro Guest with monitor count of two.
Windows XP Pro Guest with monitor count of one.

The XP Pro guest machine with two monitors does not appear to be receiving any ALT+TAB commands, I just get the ALT+TAB options for my host machine. Same with pressing the Windows key to open the start menu, it only opens the start menu on the host machine.

On the XP Pro guest with only one monitor, ALT+TAB and the Windows keys work fine (identically to how they were behaving yesterday on 3.1.6 before I upgraded). Has anyone seen similar behavior?
Wipeout
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Vista Business, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04, OSX 10.6.3

Re: ALT+TAB and Windows keys with multiple guest monitors

Post by Wipeout »

Added second monitor to XP guest, same thing happens - it no longer accepts ALT+TAB or the Windows key.
Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

An update - for me, at least, this only happens with monitor 1 in focus. If I ALT+TAB or use the Windows key while the second monitor is in focus, they work correctly.
Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

This appears to be fixed in 3.2.2, released today. Would have been nice if there was any sort of acknowledgment of the issue here in the forums or elsewhere.