Activate Win7 on Virtualbox
1. If you haven’t already installed VirtualBox. Then go and download latest VirtualBox application at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
(Latest version is 2.1.0 at the time of writing). It’s a 34.3 MB deb file. (Make sure you don’t have any previous version already installed. Else uninstall that first.)
The one available in Synaptic is old, so please don’t install it.
2. Double click the downloaded file and install the package.
3. Follow the on screen prompts (if any.) That should go smooth.
4. As soon as you have installed the application, reload the session. (Not a necessary step, but to be on the safer side I recommend.) A simple CTRL+ALT+Backspace should be OK.
5. Go to Applications > System tools > Sun xVM VirtualBox to open the application for use.