Add **Markdown** support to the forum

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
TAbdiukov

Add **Markdown** support to the forum

Post by TAbdiukov »

Will probably sound crazy, but here is my suggestion. As the world and development evolves, markdown is found to be much and much easier and more convenient than BBCode (and much shorter too, ">" in Markdown is equivalent to quote-/quote in BB). And since Virtualbox (along with its other VM-something competitor :) ) are effectively the world-main drivers for virtualisation and hence less OS-dependent world, it's a little sad (despite the simplicity aesthetics) to see VirtualBox official forums using an engine dating back to early 2000s. It even somewhat deteriorates VirtualBox development. For example, I planned on writing a guide on Effective XP OS in Virtualbox , but even if I write one, because the forum uses BBCode-only, it would be difficult of me to convert such guide to to save and view easily in a file (something Markdown is really good at)

Cheers
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Add **Markdown** support to the forum

Post by socratis »

TAbdiukov wrote:It even somewhat deteriorates VirtualBox development.
No, it doesn't. Not even the slightest bit. Completely unrelated functions/operations/procedures. Apples and oranges.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.