Can we get more than 4 tabs in the "Network" settings

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
khunter

Can we get more than 4 tabs in the "Network" settings

Post by khunter »

I'm a big fan of Virtualbox. This is the platform that I've done all of my VM learning on so far. I have several VM types that use upwards of 8 to 10 network interfaces. Currently I configure the NIC's (higher than 4) using the command line interface. Can we add an options or just allow up to X number of interfaces (more than 4, say 10 or 12) on the Network settings tab of the VM? There appears to be room in the Network settings display for a tab for each interface.

thanks again for a great product.

Ken
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can we get more than 4 tabs in the "Network" settings

Post by socratis »

Moving to "Suggestions" from "Windows Hosts", for obvious reasons. ;)

How many people do you see benefiting from such an addition? I've heard only one or two (yourself included) that have asked for more than 4 NICs.

What are you doing that requires 8 or more NICs? And what kind of a connection? Bridged, HostOnly, Internal, NAT, NATservice, etc?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: Can we get more than 4 tabs in the "Network" settings

Post by Martin »

Some time ago there already was an answer from the developers that they want to keep the GUI simple. So everyone wanting to use "extended/advanced" features needs to use the CLI.