Virtualbox plugins repo

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Yurii.Ch
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: Windows 7-10, Linux

Virtualbox plugins repo

Post by Yurii.Ch »

Dear colleagues,

As far as I know, there's no such functionality, or even a well-organized plugins list, sorted by categories, with comfortable search, tags etc.
What do you think about implementing?
I'm in, but definitely I need help with filling up the list with actual plugins information.
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: Virtualbox plugins repo

Post by Martin »

Which plugins do you mean?
Virtualbox doesn't have a plugin feature.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox plugins repo

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox has an "Extension Pack" feature available that's similar to a plugin, but so far there's only been 3 of them, which are also provided by the VirtualBox team but only in source code format:
  1. "VNC", which I've seen distributed with 3rd party distros and I've used it myself at some point,
  2. "VBoxDTrace", which actually builds and installs if you build VirtualBox from source code, and
  3. "BusMouseSample", which I've never actually seen in real-life.
See Ch. 9.22 Other Extension Packs in the User Manual and https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox ... x/ExtPacks in the source code.

Somebody could follow that skeleton and write their own, but there's no effort done so far, AFAIK. As Martin said, which functionality did you have in mind?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.