Changing system/app default for settings

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
jelabarre59

Changing system/app default for settings

Post by jelabarre59 »

I would like to be able to set the default values for "Shared Clipboard" and "Drag N Drop" on VBox to "Bidirectional". As it is currently I have to go in and change it every time I create a new VM. There should be a way to set my own preferred defaults for any new machines I create.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Changing system/app default for settings

Post by socratis »

Not an option at the moment.

Although, if you're into programming, you could apply it to all your VMs by walking through the output of:
  • VBoxManage list vms
and then for each VM you could apply DnD with:
  • VBoxManage modifyvm "<VM>" --draganddrop disabled|hosttoguest[1]
and Shared Clipboard with:
  • VBoxManage modifyvm "<VM>" --clipboard disabled|hosttoguest|guesttohost|bidirectional

[1]: There seems to be a mistake in the documentation of the "draganddrop" option. The command actually supports all four modes:
  • VBoxManage modifyvm "<VM>" --draganddrop disabled|hosttoguest|guesttohost|bidirectional
This is correct in the User Manual, but not in the "VBoxManageHelp.cpp". I've notified the developers about it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.