VirtualBox For iOS

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Splooshy

VirtualBox For iOS

Post by Splooshy »

I REally want that VirtualBox Could Be For iOS :D I Could Use it Anywhere Can You Make It
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox For iOS

Post by socratis »

No way on this side of the known universe!
Not unless iOS starts running on Intel/AMD x86_64 CPUs.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

socratis wrote:Not unless iOS starts running on Intel/AMD x86_64 CPUs.
I thought the Apple Grand Plan was to go the other way and create high performance ARM64 CPUs for iMAC and MacBook products and port macOS to ARM! Not sure what happens to running VirtualBox on mac then...

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

That's been a rumor since the A2 chipset and we're now up to A10 (or something?). But if that happens, you can kiss your VirtualBox goodbye....
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

That doesn't sound likely. Apple has already tried using non WinTel hardware. They changed to Intel for good reason, i.e. compatibility with the entire peripherals universe of x86, and the potential to dual boot Windows and thus entice business users into the camp.