OSX: Shadow remains after closing seamless WinXP guest

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
kurbads

OSX: Shadow remains after closing seamless WinXP guest

Post by kurbads »

Hi, when you close an app in Virtual Box with XP guest in seamless mode it often leaves a shadow.

The shadow can be removed by going to full screen mode and then switching back to seamless.

Usually you do not notice which windows leave the shadow but just now I witnessed a shadow left by Windows calculator (not matched by OSX calculator because that is the only one where you can paste the expressions into).

The behaviour has not changed throughout few last updates within few last years and thorough various OS version hosts.

It was in El Capitan and it is in High Sierra.

Please could you look into it. The problem is quite hard to repeat. It needs constant use to catch.

Ah and then there is also another problem. Sometimes the guest OS captures my Burr Brown from TI USB Audio DAC. There is no way to get sound back into OSX without restarting the guest.

When this USB problem occurs, the printer is also not working. I use my printer attached to guest and shared via network in host because it has some features which are only available in XP. That way I can take all advantage of all features it includes. E.g. like scanner feature on HP3390 which has been long obsolete in OSX since v10.7 but is still available via XP guest.

David
Last edited by socratis on 23. Oct 2018, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OSX: Shadow remains after closing seamless WinXP guest

Post by socratis »

kurbads wrote:Ah and then there is also another problem.
One issue per thread, one thread per issue, please.

I also changed the title from "Shadow". There's a TV series with that name, people might get confused...

And let me understand that you're talking about a cosmetic issue, that even sometimes you have a problem reproducing?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.