Detachable Toolbar

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
doatta

Detachable Toolbar

Post by doatta »

Dear Team,

Thank you for this great software.
I have specific suggestion. I use linux with i3wm and as system administrator sometime need windows, so I use it as guest. The best way to use windows guest via virtualbox - to connect to machine via rdp (VBoxHeadless -e "TCP/Address=127.0.0.1" -s "Win10" & sleep 10; VBoxManage controlvm "Win10" setvideomodehint 1366 768 32 & rdesktop-vrdp -5 -K -r clipboard:PRIMARYCLIPBOARD localhost) . It perfectly fits i3wm and does not take keyboard control, so I easily can switch desktops and use both Linux and Windows together. The only problem I face - sometimes I need to attach usb drive to windows. And I can not do it via rdp, I need virtualbox machine toolbar, so I need to run virtualbox, press show, then vm machine console appears, with all these gui stuff, where I mount usb drive and then again close vm machine console and turn back to rdp. That is kind of additional movements which can be replaced by just one hotkey, which runs something like "VBoxManage controlvm "Win10" showtoolbar". So I will access toolbar of machine and mount/do anything during rdp session.
Thanks a lot again!
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: Detachable Toolbar

Post by michaln »

Unfortunately, our GUI developers run away screaming when they hear "i3wm".