Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: ID Event 12 for VBoxNetLwf

Post by socratis »

1. I don't recall saying that there may be no connection with the VirtualBox Bridge Driver and the BSODs, it very well may be, but that would depend on the underlying host driver/hardware that VirtualBox hooks into.

What I have been saying all this time is that the Event ID 12 is a red herring. Can you understand the difference?
  2. I asked you specifically to tell me what was rude about my replies. Still haven't been pointed to a rude statement out of the 3 messages that you reported.
  3. Again with the "rude behavior"... :roll:
    You know that if you keep repeating it, won't make it a reality, right?
  4. Just FYI, your feedback has been redirected to "/dev/null".
  5. Where exactly did I tell a user to "shut up"? Seriously now, are you simply seeing things?
Since this discussion does not belong in the "ID Event 12 for VBoxNetLwf" thread, I'm moving the related posts in the Suggestions » Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators in an hour or so until you have a chance to read this.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lakk

Re: Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Post by lakk »

when i want to post my first post a message is saying, that i have to be a member for one day
and HAVE written ONE post.

but where should i write a post. i can t help anyone.
i need help myself.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

What you can't do in your first post is include a URL: make sure to use local attachments only.

And the block on URLs expires one day after your first post.
SargeAnt

Post by SargeAnt »

Is there email mailing of subscribed topics? i.e. will I receive emails of all posts from topics that I subscribed to?

And how do I subscribe to a topic? I did not find on this forum any links titled Subscribe, but I found Manage subsciptions link in my profile. So I believe that subscriptions exist on this forum.

Also, I did not find where I can change my email address. I do not have my old email address that I specified when registering my Oracle record. My email provider went bankrupt and does not exist any more.

Please help
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

SargeAnt wrote:Is there email mailing of subscribed topics?
Yes, I get them all the time.
SargeAnt wrote:how do I subscribe to a topic?
If you post in the topic, the subscription is enabled for that topic automatically, unless you uncheck "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the checkbox options under the big textbox where you type the post.

The "Subscribe Forum" or "Subscribe Topic" link is at the bottom of each page you are not subscribed to yet. You can find it by using your browser's Find command (on Windows PCs typically Ctrl-F) and type "subscribe" in the Find box. The browser will highlight every mention of "subscribe" on the page, which is typically only there once, as the Subscribe link.
SargeAnt wrote:where I can change my email address
How to Change Your Forum Email Address or Password
MagikGimp

Post by MagikGimp »

Less feedback, more requisite that I make a post before being allowed to create a topic that includes URLs. Please ignore.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

MagikGimp, the forum's Upload Attachment tab provides all that a help request needs to attach, no URLs needed, available first day first post. Zipped logs are a very common necessity, possibly resized & cropped screenshots under the 128kB forum size limit.
Rowelly
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: 8.1

Need help posts issue!!!

Post by Rowelly »

Hi, I have posted about two to three posts in this forum and it would have been well submitted

But when I logged in to my account today, my posts are not visible, not even in my profile.

I admit that I made a mistake by posting the link which I think was later removed by the moderator.
But then why my post was removed when there was nothing in these posts to remove them from the forum

Sorry for trouble.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Need help posts issue!!!

Post by mpack »

Posts would only be deleted if they broke forum rules. For example, by posting in an inappropriate topic such as "VirtualBox Beta Feedback" when the subject matter does not concern a VirtualBox Beta. Which is what you just did.

Content free posts might also be deleted. For example, posts that don't mention VirtualBox and could be posted on any forum anywhere at any time. These look like spam prep, and this you also just did.

Anyway, I see nothing in the moderators log of posts by you being deleted in the recent past (10 days or so is as far back as I care to look), so unless you care to give me a date range I'm going to assume that you are mistaken, and no posts have been completed by you.

I will merge your post into the "Feedback to admins and mods" topic.
birdie
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, other Unixes

Unable to change screen resolution on Windows 7 guest machine

Post by birdie »

mpack wrote:6.1.14_Debian is not VirtualBox, it's a build from the VirtualBox sources by the Debian crew. Hence it's not supported here. Please install an official release of VirtualBox.

27MB is not enough graphics RAM. Max it out.
I've always marveled at the amount of patience that you have.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 23. May 2021, 14:51, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved to "Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators"
Fielding

Real Help

Post by Fielding »

(Merged to "Feedback to the Moderators")

I wish some day, in this forum, the help will be for real.
Is absurd to responsabilize the user with the lack of help in this forum.
I will try to comunicate to Oracle too.
VirtualBox is not easy, more difficult with Zero help.

Best Regards
Last edited by scottgus1 on 7. Jun 2021, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged to "Feedback to the Moderators"
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Fielding, In what way do you feel that you are not receiving help?

There are ways the help we try to give could be more beneficial. There are also ways in which the folks we try to help could use the help being given more effectively.

For example, if English is not your native language, you could use your native language in short sentences and we could try a translating website.

Please explain what in your opinion is going wrong.
Fielding

Not in a hypervisor partition (HVP=0) (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).

Post by Fielding »

I will try and coment

I don't believe in a forum able to tell a member to go to the FAQ and read after all these years.

So You don't have my confidence.

I think you are simply a not helper.
Fielding

Suggestion : try to help

Post by Fielding »

I think this forum is for helping.

But really doesn't.
Sending a member to see the FAQ when a doubt is posted is a way to tell : I am a not helping member. I am a very clever member.

Of course I don't think so. It's the opposite.

Best Regards
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Fielding, I moved your re-post of the above you posted in Suggestions and the other 'comment on forcing FAQ's' post to this topic "Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators". This topic is to complain about how the forum is run, not in topics where a particular Virtualbox problem is being worked on, like your other active topic. Also, re-posting a topic that has been moved elsewhere is against forum rules.

I sense your frustration at being asked to read an FAQ, but I don't understand it. 'FAQ' stands for 'Frequently Asked Question", and FAQs are provided for Questions that are Asked Frequently.

If you don't understand an FAQ, you are free to ask about what you don't understand. "The FAQ says to note your exact CPU model or part number. How do I do that?" This kind of question is fine.

If you only want us to tell you again what we have written in the FAQ so we don't have to tell the same things to the 593 people who have had the same problem last week, that's not fine. Reading FAQ's is very much a part of typical forum help, just look at any of the other hundreds of forums out there. Your 'not believing' in being sent to an FAQ will only get your problem not solved.

If you have a problem understanding an FAQ after you have read it, you may ask questions to understand it. If it is a large FAQ that you cannot translate into your native language understandably, we will be glad to help. But "I don't believe in FAQs, you tell me directly" will only result in frustration for you.