Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Advice Pro
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Pop OS, Windows 11

Re: Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Post by Advice Pro »

The NewTopic button on the Suggestions page redirects to the board index.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

I just tested this and it works as it should for me?

What browser are you using? It may help to clear your cookies out on your browser.

Wait a minute. How did you get this post placed then?
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Post by loukingjr »

Works for me as well.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
Advice Pro

Post by Advice Pro »

I'm using Opera.
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

Advice Pro wrote:I'm using Opera.
which version?
Advice Pro

Post by Advice Pro »

Version12.17 Build1863
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

Advice Pro wrote:Version12.17 Build1863
I just tried Opera Next 12.15. works for me
so does... Firefox 29, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera 20, Roccat 3.9, Firefox Nightly build... I think that's enough.

and now Opera Next 21.0.1432.48
Advice Pro

Post by Advice Pro »

I don't know why then it work for me in Opera. I cleared all cookies. Opera has introduced some new bugs to 12.17 and this may be one of them.
Detergency
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows XP SP3

Post by Detergency »

Clicking the "View active topics" button on the forum always returns "No suitable matches were found."
peco

Post by peco »

I'm playing with virtualbox to see if it gives what I want. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows Xp quest's. It works good for doing some video work (Avidemux which works better for me in Windows) but for gaming it is not it. Since I have a new machine (Asus Z87-C, I7-4790) Windows XP is not installable and I don't have Windows 7, so I need something else. WINE is not doing the trick.

It concerns playing older ganes like Command and Conquer the first decade. Since these games use low resolutions (in full screen) it does not work to wel in VB. Most of the games of the dvd work fine, but the display is to small.

Is it an idea to make a setup where the VM output is not mapped 1:1 to the host display, but scaled up to make it workable? E.g. I have a monitor with 1920 x 1200 pixels. The game is 640 x 480. This results in a smal VB window, which can be enlarged, but the content does not scale up. Here a default scaling of 2 would already give a screen big enough to actualy play the game.

This would make combining game playing with other use of the computer much easier. With WINE some of the games work, but the display resolution gets changed so a logout/login is needed to go and check your email. The game needs to be stopped for that. With a virtual machine you can leave the game running and just go back to the host to check your email.

Thanks.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

That is a support question, not feedback. Please don't hijack discussions with off-topic posts, start your own topic in an appropriate forum. But before doing so you might want to look up "scaled mode" in the FM.
itchka

Post by itchka »

Hi, I am the president of the OpenMandriva Association, this body was formed from users and developers of Mandriva prior to their final bankcruptcy. It was formed with the purpose of legally passing on the source code of the OpenMnadriva distribution into the hands of the OpenSource community. The OpenMandriva association creates and distributes it's own OpenMandriva distribution created from this sourcecode. We want very much to keep the name of Mandriva alive under the auspices of the OpenMandriva and one of the ways we can do this is to ask you whether you would consider changing your current web pages to show OpenMandriva rpm packages rather than Mandriva and to change the name part of the rpm filename from mdv to omdv. We are more than happy to support you with updated rpm spec files for the builds. Since sadly Mandriva is no more and the web pages should be changed anyway to reflect this point in history it is felt that this might be the best time to ask for your help and cooperation.
I was unable to find a better place to make this request, please advise me if there is another place where the request can be made
Best Regards,
Colin Close
President
OpenMandriva Association
klaus
Oracle Corporation

Post by klaus »

This doesn't really go to the admins and moderators, it's a request for changing some details about VirtualBox. Should be handled through the bug tracker. As you said, this needs a whole collection of changes, and that's better handled by a ticket.
itchka

Post by itchka »

Thank you Klaus I will file a bug there.
Regards,
Colin
kontiki

Post by kontiki »

Hi there

I do not quite know where to post this ...
I signed up recently to post a question about VB, which required signing up via Oracle. My question was responded toviewtopic.php?f=6&t=69550, as well as a complaint about not being able to change my login from the eamil to a name. The explanation was that Oracle took over the login policy ... Via my Oracle profile, I tried to change my login at least to another email, but this was not reflected HERE. I also set a display name there, which works THERE, but was not reflected HERE, as the original email is still attributed to my post.

I went to an Oracle forum where I told them about the problem of not being able to edit some data, because Oracle controls the sign on policy as I was told here, otherwise I assume I could do all that via the phpBB forum interface. This started a lively discusion => https://community.oracle.com/message/13249907#13249907, which involved some folks dealing with Oracle forums, etc, who apparently have lots of plans which might involve or affect these forums. I was promised this would be looked into. There is apparently a lot of confusion over there regarding the status of these VB forums or even who runs them as you will note from the discussion. Some folks who discussed as implied are not mere forum members. It seems some key folks over did not know about the every xistance of this VB forum & assumed only a much smaller VB forum at Oracle.com is the only one, etc

After some weeks, though I asked again about my original query involving simply editing my data & at least replacing my email with a display name & if all is too complicated to just delete the post in this VB forum.

Then the response was that I contact folks here at VB, etc and that nobody there can help!!

Anyway, I went to Oracle, because I was told in my post, those folks control the sign on. Now they claim I come back here to the VB forum.

If the administrators in these forums can edit the username (email) & replace it with the dispay name I tried to set as the "signature" after failing to find where else to change this in my VB profile, that would be OK. If not i request deleting the post so my email is not displayed.

If I have missed something in my profile that enables me to do so, please point it out to me. I just noted no one else seems to be having the email login at VB as the name attached to there post in THIs VB forum. Did they al sign up before Oracle usurped the "sign on policy"?

Thank you in advance
Last edited by kontiki on 1. Sep 2015, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Kon Tiki