redesign virtualbox.org

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Neptune BSC
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows

redesign virtualbox.org

Post by Neptune BSC »

your website was not redesigned for a while. please redesign the website.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: redesign virtualbox.org

Post by socratis »

Please submit your webdesign. A "generic" suggestion like this has close to ZERO chances of being heard. In fact, here's another suggestion:
Please be specific!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You means the forums? This isn't a retail website, it's a phpBB forum. The layout of it is defined by phpBB. Go there if you want to discuss forum design, and of course be prepared to contribute code.

I see that your profile links to a personal space hosted by a web design company. Hopefully that is just a coincidence.
Neptune BSC

Post by Neptune BSC »

it is not to redesign the forums. it is to redesign virtualbox.org
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

You still haven't given anything approaching a justification as to why the website should be redesigned especially as it works. Personally, I would prefer to keep the focus on the tool not the delivery mechanism.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Neptune BSC

Post by Neptune BSC »

the website is not on a modern design
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

And? What's wrong with that? The question is not about "modern" (what's your definition?), but usable. If you have usability problems, then point them. Otherwise, and since this is an open-source project (i.e. community driven), please submit an idea. Not a generic "please change it". That doesn't work.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Hmm. These are VirtualBox user forums, so I kind of expected your suggestion to at least be relevant to that.

We are not Oracle and have no interest in discussing the design of the virtualbox.org site. And even if we were interested it is still off topic. If you have proposals to put to Oracle regarding design of any of their websites then I suggest that you email Oracle directly. Locking this.

Please make sure that any further posts you make on these forums are relevant to VirtualBox. Nothing more on website design please.