Update libvpx 1.6.0 to libvpx4

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Lexx-the-Geeko

Update libvpx 1.6.0 to libvpx4

Post by Lexx-the-Geeko »

VirtualBox has been using the same libvpx.so.1 file for a number of years.

OpenSUSE has released openSUSE Leap 15.0, yet during the installation VirtualBox is still asking for the same old file libvpx.so.1.
Please add something to the spec file for the rpm so that it can also use libvpx4 rather than libvpx 1.6.0. It's 2018.

Thanks,

Roman
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Update libvpx 1.6.0 to libvpx4

Post by socratis »

Lexx-the-Geeko wrote:It's 2018.
Yes, but that's completely irrelevant. If something doesn't work, if something has a bug, if something is obsolete (not simply deprecated), those are reasons that you'd consider.

I'm not saying that it won't happen, I'm simply saying that just because "it's the latest", isn't a high enough priority... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
isgdre

Re: Update libvpx 1.6.0 to libvpx4

Post by isgdre »

Oh come on now socratis. Just think of all the new and wonderful bugs that you'll get to fight just for updating for no reason. Sounds like a great 'make work project'. :p