Virtualbox how to achieve virtual computer traffic restrictions

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
flyqie

Virtualbox how to achieve virtual computer traffic restrictions

Post by flyqie »

I have a lot of nat virtual machines available to my clients users, but I can not seem to limit the bandwidth usage and usage limits for a given virtual computer. If my client encounters malware and is maliciously used as a ddos attacker, I seem to have no way to see or limit the impact of his, how can I do?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox how to achieve virtual computer traffic restrictions

Post by socratis »

In the last suggestion that you had, I told you to use the searchable PDF functionality of the user manual, no?

6.10 Limiting bandwidth for network I/O
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
flyqie

Post by flyqie »

But can I pass that restriction on my nat virtual computer? I'm sorry I did not read the document, I am not good at English, translation software is always translation of the sentence nowhere, I hope you can understand, thank you, I'm really sorry to bring you To the trouble, I will take good care of, thank you for your criticism :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

flyqie wrote:But can I pass that restriction on my nat virtual computer?
Yes, but only outgoing, not incoming to the VM.
flyqie wrote:I am not good at English, translation software is always translation of the sentence nowhere,
I can only suggest the two following translation sites:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.