new member restrictions

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
bigbor

new member restrictions

Post by bigbor »

I cannot paste U-R-L's or images here due to new member restrictions. Please consider removing that. There are other better ways of guarding against spam.

Yes, the other point of this post is to get my one post requirement in so that tomorrow I can post U.R.L.s.

Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: new member restrictions

Post by socratis »

bigbor wrote:I cannot paste U-R-L's or images here due to new member restrictions.
It's only URLs that you can't post, for 1 day and after you've had 1 post. Not too restrictive if you ask me. But, images? You most certainly can attach them. In fact, you should be attaching the image(s) locally to your response, using the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form. Not a lot of people will go to 3rd party sites.
bigbor wrote:There are other better ways of guarding against spam.
This is not a personal site that you can easily modify in 2'. Fortunately or unfortunately sometimes...
bigbor wrote:Yes, the other point of this post is to get my one post requirement in so that tomorrow I can post U.R.L.s.
You can always obfuscate (slightly) the URLs. One of the mods will definitely "fix" the issue...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
vboxdasher

Post by vboxdasher »

Having the same issue. Do we have to start a new thread or is this reply considered a post?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

It is considered a post. Now, wait for a day. Is a URL really necessary in describing your problem? I guess we'll know tomorrow. But keep in mind that links for logs and images will be removed. You can always attach images and zipped logs here. You should actually...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bigbor

Post by bigbor »

I don't see any " "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form"
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »