Remove 5.2.6 from Stable Release Versions?

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
RFST

Remove 5.2.6 from Stable Release Versions?

Post by RFST »

I updated from 5.1.30 because of an availability notification, and my Linux Mint session failed. I had to figure out why, downloaded VBoxGuestAdditions_5.2.7-120326.iso... and now I am wondering how I am ever going to be able to login to install this!

So this does not seem quite stable from a user's point of view, would you agree?

P.S.: I could shutdown from the login screen, disable 3D, run the client, login, install the guest additions, shutdown, reenable 3D, run the client, and voila, as simple as that. /s

P.S.: I have to say it's nice to have a mouse pointer again, because this wasn't working while I was still using 5.1.30 (only within xfreerdp), but that's not enough to make this a Stable Release Version.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Remove 5.2.6 from Stable Release Versions?

Post by socratis »

You are not alone in your feelings. I suggested a "5.2.6a" release that included the fix... :?
Moving to "Suggestions" from "Linux Guests".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.