V5.2's Overhauled VM selector GUI (improved tools VM / global tools handling, new icons)...

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: virtualbox 5.2.6 ugly look

Post by socratis »

john.recy wrote:I hope though that this is a bug that is known and that it will be fixed...
I hope that the GUI developers don't see your messages, it's going to break their heart ;)
No, it's not a bug. It can't even be classified as a bug, only as a "I don't like it". What someone likes or doesn't, is not a bug last time that I checked. An enhancement/suggestion at best, and even that's debatable. Which is why I'm merging this thread to the existing one that discusses the new look and feel of 5.2.x.
john.recy wrote:Is it due to a recent modification of the GUI library?
There's no "GUI library" per se. They're all hand-made/hand-drawn icons ;)

BTW, you know it's open source and you can have your own icons, right? Just replace the existing ones with the ones you like, rebuild VirtualBox from the sources, and you're done. I was debating on doing it myself, but it's too much work...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
thorstenhirsch
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris

Re: V5.2's Overhauled VM selector GUI (improved tools VM / global tools handling, new icons)...

Post by thorstenhirsch »

Thanks for fixing the GUI in VirtualBox 6.0.
Good job!