No notifications when someone responds to my posts

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
hangerglide
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu 8.10

No notifications when someone responds to my posts

Post by hangerglide »

This has been the case for a really long time now, but I thought I'd ask about it.

I don't get notifications by email when someone responds to my postings. My posts are auto set to notify on reply. My oracle account has a valid email address listed, and I do occasionally get noticed from oracle. But never from vbox forums.

There must be some setting on the oracle side that prevents the emails but I can't figure out what it is? The notices are not in my spam folder. This setting in oracle is OFF

Inbox
Everything in my Inbox page, except direct social actions

But there isn't anything in my inbox at oracle anyways.
hangerglide
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu 8.10

Re: No notifications when someone responds to my posts

Post by hangerglide »

Nevermind...probably solved, as the notify automatically of replies WAS off in my profile, and I misinterpreted the fact that the checkbox is checked next to the subscribe topic message at the bottom of posts as indicating that it was subscribed. IOW I took "check - subscribe topic" as an assertion not an action.
Last edited by hangerglide on 9. Oct 2017, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No notifications when someone responds to my posts

Post by socratis »

For anyone coming to this thread, the direct link is ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post and in there the setting "Notify me upon replies by default:" should be Yes.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.