Linux Mint

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Peterjones

Linux Mint

Post by Peterjones »

With all its popularity and ease of installation and use with Oracle Virtual Box, I cannot find Linux Mint among the selections of flavours available from the drop down menu, when you select the Linux Operating System for the Guest.

Three years ago I suggested it to the developer of Linux Mint to coordinate with the Virtual Box developers to address this issue. This suggestion got enough votes from the Linux Mint Community and tagged as 'committed', but has not implemented yet.
I guess that it should be better if I raise the issue here rather than Linux Mint community.

I believe Linux Mint has its own details to deserve a separate selection in the menu. For example this recent issue in releases 18.x onward that creates "running in rendering mode..." Error. Many thanks
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Linux Mint

Post by Perryg »

Mint is a great distro, but the cost of adding it since it is based off Ubuntu is keeping it from being added. It is not as simple as adding another name to a list. Templates must be created and other code manipulated to accommodate the change. However if you or the Mint community wants to do the leg work and write the code you can submit it to the DEVs and they will consider accepting it.