2 weeks since the last test build

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Simple07

2 weeks since the last test build

Post by Simple07 »

It has been 2 weeks now since the last test build released, is the development team "a one person" who is on vacation? Or are they facing major problems with Windows Creators Update?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: 2 weeks since the last test build

Post by socratis »

Seriously now? Why would you expect something in less than two weeks? Did anyone promise you (or anyone else) that? Did the developers fall behind schedule? Do you know it, cause I have no clue, they NEVER reveal that. And you are coming out swinging about the developer team?

Truth of the matter is that there is no schedule for test builds. It's a bonus. A while ago there were NO test builds at all, unless you were specifically instructed to download a custom one, from a time-limited, soon-to-expire link. They opened up the test builds to the general public and you complain that there are no updates? These are not your nightly builds. You could have your own build system and synchronize with the source tree, if you'd so elected, to have your own nightly builds. Unsupported of course.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: 2 weeks since the last test build

Post by mpack »

This topic has nothing whatever to do with "Windows Hosts". Moving it to "Suggestions".

In any case this is a user site. If you have an issue with the development team, please contact your Oracle support rep. Locking this one.