Pre remove iso from Optical Drive when Restart is performed

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
joseluisbz
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, macOS, CentOS

Pre remove iso from Optical Drive when Restart is performed

Post by joseluisbz »

Hi,

Sometimes I'm installing macOS Sierra like guest, this procedure take long time and later restart is required and performed, leaving few time (to remove image iso from optical drive).

Is it possible, preestablish the eject Optical Drive, or remove image when restart is perform by installer (image iso), previously.
VirtualBox would to detect that restart is required then remove previously to start again remove the file of Optical Drive.

In this manner, the OS start from Hard Disk plentiful and not from Optical Drive (maybe damaging the recently Installation)

Thanks..
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Pre remove iso from Optical Drive when Restart is performed

Post by scottgus1 »

Virtualbox does not now have a way to remove the ISO from the guest on guest restart now.

If you can control the starting, shutting down and restarting of the guest by a script on the host (You can monitor when the guest has shut down with a "Vboxmanage showvminfo" command) then you can take the ISO out of the guest with more Vboxmanage commands between recognizing shutdown and restarting.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

joseluisbz wrote:later restart is required and performed, leaving few time (to remove image iso from optical drive).
There's nothing preventing you from powering off the VM if this happens, remove the ISO, then restart. Just like in a real computer...
joseluisbz wrote:In this manner, the OS start from Hard Disk plentiful and not from Optical Drive (maybe damaging the recently Installation)
I have never heard of an installer DVD, for any OS, that may damage an existing installation. Not without your input at least...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
joseluisbz
Guest OSses: Windows, macOS, CentOS

Post by joseluisbz »

Thank you.

I was worry about, the restart again from image installer file on Optical Drive.
Then is not needed!