Virtual Box EFI support(Windows)

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Kenny Hui

Virtual Box EFI support(Windows)

Post by Kenny Hui »

So alot of people is try to use VirtualBox EFI on a non Linux guest(Windows),and someone said they just boot to a useless EFI Shell,and there only text,can VirtualBox add EFI Support for Windows?Because VMWare is already have EFI support for Windows,that's make people use VMWare and don't use VirtualBox(Although VMWare need to buy,their Key won't online check,so people can copy the key and put in VMWare Workstation and Activate the Product.For good,please add VirtualBox EFI Support for Windows,I want to make virtualBox to be the best PC emulator!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual Box EFI support(Windows)

Post by socratis »

Why do you care if you boot in EFI or BIOS? What is the actual difference? Not theoretically please. If I give you two VMs running, can you tell what you used to boot from? What OS have you tried to boot that will not boot unless it uses EFI?

Unless you're testing EFI boot images, I don't see the case for "must" have EFI, I'm sorry...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: Virtual Box EFI support(Windows)

Post by michaln »

What is an "alot of people"?

And when you say "Windows", does it mean something specific like "Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit" or is it just completely vague and random? Because in the latter case, the answers will also be very vague and possibly random.