Link to VB Extensions 5.0.28 wrong on download page

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
b-roth

Link to VB Extensions 5.0.28 wrong on download page

Post by b-roth »

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

-> VB Extensions to previous version links still to 5.0.26

Please update link accordingly.

BTW: The VB GUI once installed does not show a message that a extensions update is available.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Link to VB Extensions 5.0.28 wrong on download page

Post by socratis »

The text in the Downloads page is:
If you are using VirtualBox 5.0.26, please download the extension pack here.
So, technically speaking the link is correct, because it says if you're using 5.0.26 download the 5.0.26 ExtPack. They may need to update the whole thing, unless they're holding back. Maybe that's why there's no update in the GUI as well...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Link to VB Extensions 5.0.28 wrong on download page

Post by scottgus1 »

Scrolling down the Downloads page is the Older Builds link, where 5.0 versions, then 5.0.28 installers and extension pack are available.

I vaguely remember an Oracle guy (which one I can't remember though) saying that they don't push the latest version into the GUI update warner for a little while, until early adopters who manually download try it for a while. May be wrong, though....