Fix Incorrect Detection of URL's

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Kyrluckechuck

Fix Incorrect Detection of URL's

Post by Kyrluckechuck »

Hey there,

Just letting you know that this forum currently doesn't understand what a U R L is and it thinks that anything that features a colon is a U R L (like if I were to list something and it ended with a colon here, or spelled U R L without spaces)

Just a minor annoyance and only really affects accounts that have been active for less than 24 hours, or don't have a post but still annoying
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Fix Incorrect Detection of URL's

Post by socratis »

If you don't mind putting an example after your 24-hour quarantine is up, I'm sure the admins could take a look at it and make any changes that they see fit. TIA.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I doubt the admins will want to make changes: AFAIK this is a phpBB3 plugin feature, so it would have to be a request to the phpBB forums.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

fwiw, most browsers will automatically add the http:// to a web address so new posters shouldn't have to put the colon, or the whole http://, just the obfuscated web address.

They can also post the full good web address in a text file then attach the text file.