Input -> Keyboard -> "Paste as text (send characters)"

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Don865

Re: Input -> Keyboard -> "Paste as text (send characters)"

Post by Don865 »

So, another two years have passed. This is marked as "solved" and it appears there is basic functionality to allow copy / paste to / from CLI based guests running in common (e.g., Windows 10 / MacOS) hosts. I am very glad to hear this. My question: where is the use of this capability documented? I've now discovered how to get VBox GA installed and operation on my CLI Guest (Ubuntu Linux 14.04LTS, 16.04LTS), and my Windows 10 Pro x64 host is up to date with VirtualBox 6.1.2.

My use case is setting up server instances for trial use before committing them to AWS for public consumption. There are lots of things to copy / paste, before setting up PuTTY. And sometimes, I have issues getting PuTTY to work, so this capability would then come especially handy.

Pointers welcome! Thanks!

DVH
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Look for "VBoxManage controlvm" in the user manual.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:Look for "VBoxManage controlvm" in the user manual.
Or to my post just before "Don865" hit the "Post Reply" button. ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.