Nick name is reserved, and can be re-used only if you contact the administrators.

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
joshg253
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux Mint, Ubuntu Server, Arch, various others

Nick name is reserved, and can be re-used only if you contact the administrators.

Post by joshg253 »

When I log into virtualbox.org using SSO I get a message about setting a nickname, followed by an error when I try to use my old one:
Error
Nick name joshg253 is reserved, and can be re-used only if you contact the administrators.
With no link to actually contact the administrators.

Can you help, or is this for the SSO guys to handle?

Thanks,

_josh
joshg253

Re: Nick name is reserved, and can be re-used only if you contact the administrators.

Post by joshg253 »

I saw another thread that said to contact frank via PM re: SSO+old nickname, but alas, I do not meet the requirements to do so:
You must be a member for 5 days and have 5 posts before you can post urls in Private Messages.
I've been on here for years, and there is no URL in my PM, which is essentially the above post. :\
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Nick name is reserved, and can be re-used only if you contact the administrators.

Post by mpack »

Well, you now have the 5 posts so the question is moot, but you could have just not used a URL in a PM?
joshg253 wrote:and there is no URL in my PM
I've heard that claim before, and it's always wrong, and this time is no exception: your "above post" has "VirtualBox.org", which clearly is a URL.
joshg253

Post by joshg253 »

mpack wrote:Well, you now have the 5 posts so the question is moot, but you could have just not used a URL in a PM?
joshg253 wrote:and there is no URL in my PM
I've heard that claim before, and it's always wrong, and this time is no exception: your "above post" has "VirtualBox.org", which clearly is a URL.
Right you are sir. I didn't notice it because there was no http. I'll try again, thanks.