Can test downloads be published with their checksums?

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
halfervirt

Can test downloads be published with their checksums?

Post by halfervirt »

Whenever getting a new version of VirtualBox I always check the SHA256 checksums to ensure the download has not corrupted. I found yesterday that there is a test version of the Linux Guest Additions to fix 3D acceleration issues, a bug which has prevented me from running VMs in parallel since at least the 5.0.0 release.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the checksums for this (5.0.17). Is it possible for test builds to have checksums made available for test releases as well as stable builds? (If it is not possible, but someone has the official hashes for the file /download/testcase/VBoxGuestAdditions_5.0.17-105945.iso, that would be great too).
halfervirt

Re: Can test downloads be published with their checksums?

Post by halfervirt »

I dislike bumping threads, as it rather looks impatient - but it's been over a week, and I imagine this would be rather simple. I have added a note to a related bug I have been contributing to and monitoring for months.

Would a kind forum member be willing to supply a checksum for the 64bit Linux Guest Additions? No matter if not - I guess I can await the stable release!
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Can test downloads be published with their checksums?

Post by Perryg »

Unfortunately you would need to get this information from the Devs. Anything that anyone could send you would not be trustworthy and worthless.

Use IRC or the mailing list to ask. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Community