Greek Translation

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
tassos
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: linux, windows, bsd

Greek Translation

Post by tassos »

Greetings to the Forum from Greece !

I am interested in translating VirtualBox in Greek Language. I use virtualbox on linux host. Happy user for quite long time. I wish i could contribute and see it in greek.
Please contact me for guidelines, by email if possible.

Best Regards

Tassos
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Greek Translation

Post by mpack »

Hmm. I thought the home page used to contain a link to a translation FAQ, but I don't see that any more.

The link is gone but the page still exists: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Translating
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Tasso, I already started it several months ago (hey, it's a big job) and I'm about 96% done, which means that in a week or two I'll have them uploaded. Not sure if I'm going to make 5.0.14, but it's going to be somewhere around there. Wouldn't mind having someone to take another look at my efforts. I'll send you a private message to exchange e-mails...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
tassos

Post by tassos »

Thank you for the link mpac ! Will do the reading so i be able to help Socratis.

Socratis! So glad you done the work ! I use VB since it was born but I never had the time to help the community. Ofcourse will help you anyway i can.
.PalMan.

Post by .PalMan. »

Hi!

Here is another Greek to help you if needed.
I can translate any IT related article from and to English and German.
But can also translate FAQs or How-To articles from Spanish to Greek.
If there is no online translation option, just PM me the link to the text to translate and an email address to send the translation to.

At your disposal ...

Manolis
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Welcome "phile" Manoli!

The translation is officially at 100% "strings translated" since 5.1.4 (1 1/2 month ago). It took about a year plus, but it's finally here. If it weren't for Tasso to help me and "push" me, it would still be at 96% done and never completed ;)

Of course the intricacies of the Greek language would take volumes to enumerate, so it is expected that there are mistakes in the translation (semantic errors, out of context errors, masculine/feminine/neuter nouns, singular/plural sentences, etc, etc.). I'll send you a PM or an e-mail about the process and we take it off-line.

Welcome again!

Socratis
(and I know I speak for Tasso too)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
tassos

Post by tassos »

Hey Manoli!
Welcome to the team! Nice to hear of u.