Finding Guest Additions iso and user manual

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
RiesenGlin

Finding Guest Additions iso and user manual

Post by RiesenGlin »

It was difficult for me to find the .iso file I needed because it is not listed on the main Downloads page.
A google search led me to someone's personal page where they gave the link I needed, but it was insecure.
I added the 's' to make it secure.
Here is the link
<see tomorrow's message>
One can also browse the folders starting at
<see tomorrow's message>

My suggestion is that for each release, the download links be provided for:
-the PDF version of the current user manual
-the Guest Additions iso file.

BTW, in comparison with the html manual (where I can’t adjust the font size), I find that the pdf is easier to read in Adobe Reader because I can zoom in.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Finding Guest Additions iso and user manual

Post by scottgus1 »

No links are needed.

Virtualbox provides the Guest Additions ISO and the manual PDF bundled in its installation folder.

The GAs ISO automatically is loaded in the VM's CD drive using the VM window's Devices menu, "Insert Guest Additions CD Image". (FWIW the forks of Virtualbox provided by Linux distros are the sources that require you to find and download the GAs. But then you're using the forks, not official Virtualbox...)

The PDF could be easier to find, true. But it is in the "doc" subfolder of the Virtualbox install folder. One can also get the PDF online by entering this website:

https://download.virtualbox.org/virtual ... Manual.pdf

and modifying the '6.1.32' part of the link for the version desired.
Whiskeyjack
Oracle Corporation

Re: Finding Guest Additions iso and user manual

Post by Whiskeyjack »

One more note concerning the user manual. Starting with 7.0 VirtualBox will have an integrated manual viewer widget. I think this will make navigating, reading, and searching through the user manual easier. We will also continue releasing the manual in pdf and html formats as before.