Problem with using the old nickname for tickets

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
shumkar

Problem with using the old nickname for tickets

Post by shumkar »

Hi

After changing my account's e-mail I can't use any more my old nick name when I log in "tickets". I get the message "If you want to re-use an existing nick name from the time before single-sign-on was implemented you have to contact the admins now."

I didn't use any single-sign-on and even don't know what it is. I just changed my account's email.

How to contact the admins?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Problem with using the old nickname for tickets

Post by scottgus1 »

The single sign-on is the site that you put your email and password to log onto the forum. You have to log in on the same site from the Bugtracker Login link, too.

How did you change your account email?
shumkar

Post by shumkar »

Thanks for your reply.
scottgus1 wrote:The single sign-on is the site that you put your email and password to log onto the forum. You have to log in on the same site from the Bugtracker Login link, too.
I don't quite understand. My account is old, I created it maybe 5 or more years ago, and I have logged in for all this time, as far as I remember, only for downloading Oracle products (such as Java, MySQL).
Recently, for creating a ticket for Virtualbox, I logged in on virtualbox-point-org (can't post urls). Chose the nick "shumkar". Created a ticket. Then I noticed that there is an old email indicated in my account, and changed it for a new one. After that I can't use the same nick "shumkar" for tickets. Here, on forum, as you see, I don't have such a problem (maybe because I have never used the forum before). On which other site I have to log in?
scottgus1 wrote:How did you change your account email?
In my Oracle profile, where all my data are (email, password, name etc).

EDIT

I tried again, I get:

Error
Nick name shumkar is already associated with a different user.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The only thing we can do is ask a forum admin to look at this topic. There is no telling if they will have time, as most if not all forum admins are also developers and the devs are swamped with work.

I'll ask, and let you know if it is time to lay the old nickname to rest and press on with the new, or the issue can get fixed.
shumkar

Post by shumkar »

Thanks!

I'd like to add that, despite of my account is old, my nickname "shumkar" on "virtualbox tickets" is pretty new - I chose it only a few days ago, and used it only during 2 days, in tickets 20091 and 20092.
In my opinion, the issue could be in that the nickname is tied to the email, not to the account. If it is so, then other users could confirm it (who changed their emails)...
Last edited by scottgus1 on 15. Dec 2020, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: took out quote of complete previous post