(latest test build not available?)

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Snake Plissken

(latest test build not available?)

Post by Snake Plissken »

my suggestion would be to make it available, the latest dev snapshot for it is not, or remove it from the virtualbox website and replace it with the last available snapshot. sorry if i posted this in the incorrect spot. i am new here first post also wanted to say keep up the great work everyone involved in the creation of this software. cheers :)

i would post a image of the downlink that contains in its link the latest test build # to witch i am trying to download however i must be a member for 1 day and have 1 post before i can post links.

so ill say this: navigate to VirtualBox test builds page and attempt to click on the latest snapshot development revision 140902 for Windows at the near bottom of the page. you would be greeted by a 404 the requested link can not be found. furthermore and a bit off topic: i have a particular reason for wanting this build so thank you for time and/or any response.
Last edited by Snake Plissken on 5. Nov 2020, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: (latest test build not avalible)

Post by mpack »

Which "VirtualBox website" are you referring to? I see no mention of test builds on the index page or the Downloads page. Also, number of test builds currently available == 0 is a perfectly valid scenario in my book. I'm not seeing what the concern is.
Snake Plissken

Re: (latest test build not avalible)

Post by Snake Plissken »

i can not post links to show because i am new however if you google VirtualBox test builds you can find a link that looks something like this:
virtualbox . org/wiki/Testbuilds

i put a __ in on bothsides of the "." above so it would enable me to express to you the correct link for again im new no links allowed on day 1.

at the bottom of that page. you can find test snapshots that consist of dead 404 links.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: (latest test build not available?)

Post by scottgus1 »

6.1.16 just came out and a 6.1.17 test build download successfully started. Try waiting a few more days, maybe the devs haven't got an existing 6.1.17 development snapshot yet?