Remove the public issue tracker

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
mark6139

Remove the public issue tracker

Post by mark6139 »

I wasted a bunch of time formulating a thorough issue because your help page said I could enter an issue.

I can see now that you just ignore these issues (not just because mine has not been responded to...because there a lot of such issues).

Please stop wasting people's time.
Last edited by mark6139 on 28. Oct 2020, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Remove the public issue tracker

Post by scottgus1 »

Well, for a first post that was a good number of negative assertions and no questions for clarification. If you want to consider some other points, here's some information:

The devs have a limited amount of time and resources. They do look through all the reported bugs on the Bugtracker, but they don't have enough time to respond individually to them. And some of them may not have enough information to start a decent bug hunt, so the reports just fade down the stack.

Additionally, a bug that happens on many people's PCs is more likely to get solved than an apparent bug on one person's PC. One PC having a bug might be a local issue caused by that person's programs rather than Virtualbox. A forum discussion about the apparent problem is useful to help determine the actual extent of the bug or to connect up with other users who might be having the same problem, and maybe there's already a solution.

If you'd like to present your issue here on the forum, in a new topic in one of the appropriate subforums, we might be able to help.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

mark6139 wrote:I wasted a bunch of time formulating a thorough issue [...]
Well, you don't get an answer free of charge without spending some effort. Also, expecting a reaction within 24 hours is debatable.

If you're talking about 20002, you probably would already have gotten your answer in the VirtualBox forums, because it is scottgus1's favorite answer to disable Hyper-V. ;)
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

fth0 is so right! Bam!
HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active)
There you go. :lol:
mark6139

Post by mark6139 »

fth0 wrote:
mark6139 wrote:I wasted a bunch of time formulating a thorough issue [...]
Well, you don't get an answer free of charge without spending some effort. Also, expecting a reaction within 24 hours is debatable.

If you're talking about ..... you probably would already have gotten your answer in the VirtualBox forums, because it is scottgus1's favorite answer to disable Hyper-V. ;)
Thanks for your reply.

I specifically said I was not posting due to my issue not having been responded to. It was an observation based on perusing many issues.

I posted in the tracker rather than the forums because it seemed the appropriate place based on the original landing page.

I will try the suggestion, thanks.