Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.

Re: Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Postby Fielding » 8. Jun 2021, 21:54

Scottgus the problem is solved.
I am going to explain how I solve for the rest of members.

I think you are not a helper . Only a boss of forum. No helping really.
Best Regards
Fielding

Postby scottgus1 » 8. Jun 2021, 22:26

Fielding wrote:I think you are not a helper . Only a boss of forum. No helping really.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Lots of others disagree with you though. And I will still be able to sleep tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7U2jy1wMQ

Your English is hard to understand. Please use your native language if you ever return, and we may be able to understand each other better.

(Mod note: I seem to have picked up my first detractor! :lol: )
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Postby mpack » 9. Jun 2021, 11:14

He has a false impression anyway. These are user discussion forums, nobody is obliged to provide help, not even moderators. Our only actual duty is to keep the forums neat and tidy and free from abusive posts and spam.

Many of us do also volunteer to help people with problems. But when the inefficiency of writing the same stuff over and over again (for those too lazy to search) begins to irk, we write a FAQ and point people to that instead. So suck it up and read the damn FAQ.

What we will do is respond to criticisms of the FAQ, i.e. how understandable it is. It's in our interests to ensure that it's easily understood, and will be much more so than any off the cuff response could be. Most FAQs get finely tuned over a period of years to do their job better. That includes keeping the language simple so that online translation works better.

All the more irksome then when someone claims offence at being directed to the obvious FAQ because... laziness is a virtue?

Guess what: the FAQ is there for a reason. If you refuse to use FAQs then that's your choice, not our problem at all.
mpack
Site Moderator

Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Previous

Return to Suggestions