Increasing Vram to at least a gig, preferably unlimited.

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
FrozdY

Increasing Vram to at least a gig, preferably unlimited.

Post by FrozdY »

I know that you didn't intend it to be used this way, but, people are using VirtualBox as a way to play and record/stream older games, such as Command & Conquer, sure, it's not a very demanding game.

However, The operating systems now-a-days are also demanding more and more Vram, and frankly, 256mb, doesn't matter how you look at it, isn't enough for basically any use-case anymore.

I think it's time that you had a look at it, maybe update it to future-proof it, and not only that, give us more freedom in the way it can be used, I mean, it adds an unparalleled security/maintenance level on top of what you're doing, if you get a virus or ransomware, no problem, just roll-back, basically instantly, and you can go ahead and do whatever again.

If someone tries to hack you, well, then they only have access to the VM, so your main things are safe, unless they decide to hack that instead, which might not be worth the effort in the end, you know, if I could, I'd actually rather use a VM for everything, no more need for virus programs, quick way to just "format" everything by choosing an older snapshot or whatever, so could you please make it a reality? It would actually make it so that you have more freedom in what you can do with it, and with that, more people will probably use it, because their use-case for it is available.

I don't know if it's even possible, if it is, it would be a great addition to be able to be safer, and not go through the hassle of the tedious things like: "as mentioned before formatting", "getting virus protection", "losing everything to hackers" and so much more.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Increasing Vram to at least a gig, preferably unlimited.

Post by mpack »

Locking. Please see previous discussions of this request.