GUI for basic guest additions (Death to VBoxManage.exe)

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
medicineman25

GUI for basic guest additions (Death to VBoxManage.exe)

Post by medicineman25 »

It would be really helpful to just have a small collection of customizable options, for the guest additions, in the GUI manager, like adding resolutions. Adding resolutions via VBoxManage.exe is just ridiculous and has corrupted more than a few VM's. Tired of that sh#t.

Cheers
Medicineman25
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: GUI for basic guest additions (Death to VBoxManage.exe)

Post by mpack »

Do you mean, like in File|Preferences|Display?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

medicineman25 wrote:Adding resolutions via VBoxManage.exe is just ridiculous and has corrupted more than a few VM's.
I'm sorry, but VBoxManage has never corrupted any VMs.
Users who can't use the command line on the other hand, have managed to do it. And usually, they're the ones that don't have a backup. But you of course, most certainly did have a backup. Or two. Right?
medicineman25 wrote:Tired of that sh#t.
That's a certain way that a 1st post (in the Suggestions area nonetheless) to get the immediate attention of the developers.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Actually VirtualBox usually works better if you do not hard define the resolution and instead use the mouse click/drag to resize the window.