grow vdi file possible?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
gheemedia

grow vdi file possible?

Post by gheemedia »

i'm trying to update to SP2, and it's saying i don't have enough disk space. how do i grow my vdi file?
garethe

GROW YOUR VDI

Post by garethe »

I have a way to do this... it is a little long winded but hey I would rather do this that reinstall my OS !!

OK Create a NEW VDI in the manager the size you require, mount it as a Secondary Drive in the OS you want to expand.
Download and Install Partition Magic... Us PQ Magic to copy the OS to the new VDI. MAke the New VDI active.

Close the OS down. Remove the main drive and mount the NEW BIGGER drive as the master and reboot.

Worked for me !!
gheemedia

Re: GROW YOUR VDI

Post by gheemedia »

garethe wrote:I have a way to do this... it is a little long winded but hey I would rather do this that reinstall my OS !!

OK Create a NEW VDI in the manager the size you require, mount it as a Secondary Drive in the OS you want to expand.
Download and Install Partition Magic... Us PQ Magic to copy the OS to the new VDI. MAke the New VDI active.

Close the OS down. Remove the main drive and mount the NEW BIGGER drive as the master and reboot.

Worked for me !!
You are very smart. Don't forget that.
Lacoste

Partition Magic alternative = Partition Logic

Post by Lacoste »

I didn't have Partition Magic handy, but a quick Google search found this free alternative. I downloaded the v.69 ISO and was able to copy from 1 vdi to the other (right click on disk and select copy).

PartitionLogic
http://partitionlogic.org.uk/

Lacoste