"physical network interfaces were not found"

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
derrellsimpson

"physical network interfaces were not found"

Post by derrellsimpson »

hello.

i am running virtualbox 6.1 on my 2019 macbook pro 16 inch with Catalina. i am trying to run a windows 10 VM and i keep getting the error "Could not start the machine DSWIN10VM because the following physical network interfaces were not found:: (it then lists the selected connection)

the bridged interface i have selected is en8. it is active and works fine on the macbook. i can get the VM to work if i choose the wifi connection. the en8 connection is the ethernet port on my owc thunderbolt 3 dock.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks in advance!

DS
Murato

Re: "physical network interfaces were not found"

Post by Murato »

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue on my Mac. I have a Brydge USB-C Multiport Adapter with an Ethernet cable plugged in and selecting the "Bridged Adapter" option and the Name of the adapter is "en8: Thunderbolt Ethernet Slot 0" (Yes there are two spaces it looks like)

Virtualbox takes the settings when I save them, but when I start the VM I get "Could not start the machine <Machine Name> because the following physical network interfaces were not found: en8: Thunderbolt Ethernet Slot 0 (Adapter 1)"

If I use an Anker USB-C to Ethernet adapter (A dongle with only an Ethernet input) it works fine.