Built in isight problem

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
simox

Built in isight problem

Post by simox »

Hi,
After installing built-in isight in XP guest (I used drivers used and working for parallels), the device keeps going in and out from the guest, as if it was continuosly plugged in and out.
This happens after installing drivers: when the driver was not installed the device stayed plugged in.
It looks like OSX remounts isight as soon as it is plugged in XP.
Anyone can help?
Thx
earchide

Post by earchide »

iSight is not supported at all by VB.
You will find some other topics about this.
But if you have a webcam (ex : a Logitech) : no problem , the install is like on a PC !, So I have choosen this solution, and it works well (for example with Live messenger)
enilkciw

Re: Built in isight problem

Post by enilkciw »

Ok it's been a few months since this was asked. Any update on getting the iSight webcam to work in an XP guest? Vista guest? Windoze 7 Beta guest?
enilkciw

Post by enilkciw »

This is why I will never be a MAC fan..... I can't wait to get rid of this thing and get a PC laptop running Linux.
dogzilla

Post by dogzilla »

enilkciw wrote:This is why I will never be a MAC fan..... I can't wait to get rid of this thing and get a PC laptop running Linux.
You're bailing on a Mac because the virtualized system from a third-party vendor isn't written properly to support the Mac's hardware? Have you recently received a blow to the head or something?
dogzilla

Post by dogzilla »

enilkciw wrote:This is why I will never be a MAC fan..... I can't wait to get rid of this thing and get a PC laptop running Linux.
Oh almost forgot - when you do get rid of the mac, please let me know. Don't throw it away - I'll take it off your hands. I'll even pay shipping and send you a shipping box and labels.