Thunderbolt Ethernet Not Working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
DallasBW

Re: Thunderbolt Ethernet Not Working

Post by DallasBW »

Still unresolved with 6.1.10 and accompanying extension pack.
DallasBW

Post by DallasBW »

Still unresolved with 6.1.12 and accompanying extension pack.
NDK

Post by NDK »

Hello,

i had the same bug/problem in catalina after upgrading from mojave, here how i fixed it:

1) go to system preferences
2) go to network
3) rename service (settings button symbol) (the original name was "Thunderbolt Ethernet Slot 1", changed it to "Thunderbolt Dock Ethernet" - i guess you can use any other name)
4) after that, restart virtualbox and change the bridge interface from the VM to another interface, apply and close dialog
5) reopen VM settings dialog and select the bridged interface (in my case "Thunderbolt Dock Ethernet") and apply, close

suddenly my VM started correctly afterwards. i hope i could help someone with this
PatrickRe

Post by PatrickRe »

NDK wrote:Hello,

i had the same bug/problem in catalina after upgrading from mojave, here how i fixed it:

1) go to system preferences
2) go to network
3) rename service (settings button symbol) (the original name was "Thunderbolt Ethernet Slot 1", changed it to "Thunderbolt Dock Ethernet" - i guess you can use any other name)
4) after that, restart virtualbox and change the bridge interface from the VM to another interface, apply and close dialog
5) reopen VM settings dialog and select the bridged interface (in my case "Thunderbolt Dock Ethernet") and apply, close

suddenly my VM started correctly afterwards. i hope i could help someone with this
Thank you!