Runtime error opening .vbox for reading (File not found)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
CUNAT

Runtime error opening .vbox for reading (File not found)

Post by CUNAT »

Hello ,
I use your program and thank you very much. After changing my imac, I restored my backup time machine from high Sierra to mojave. Today I can not open my windows 7 session anymore.
Here is the error message:
Runtime error opening '/Users/mac/VirtualBox VMs/Windows 7/Windows 7.vbox' for reading: -102 (File not found.).
/Users/vbox/tinderbox/6.0-mac-rel/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[752] (nsresult Machine::i_registeredInit()).
Code d'erreur : NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Composant : MachineWrap
Interface : IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}
Thanks for your help
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Runtime error opening .vbox for reading (File not found)

Post by socratis »

Not sure why you decided to post in the thread Can't open Virtual Box, "failed to acquire the VirtualBox COM object", you don't even have the same error. Do not hijack other threads, create your own. Choose the title carefully.
CUNAT wrote:I restored my backup time machine from high Sierra to mojave
CUNAT wrote:File not found
Then you didn't restore things properly.

Find your TimeMachine backup, mount it, and restore the complete '/Users/mac/VirtualBox VMs/' folder from the latest backup.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.