Monitor placement doesn't stick anymore

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
froodley

Monitor placement doesn't stick anymore

Post by froodley »

Since upgrading to 6.0.14 last week, the monitor I am leaving my vbox on no longer sticks. If I go to/from full screen mode, it will revert to my laptop monitor and become mangled (shows 1/4 of the screen, can't be fixed except by going back to full screen). This is also the state it always starts in, back on my laptop monitor mangled. The behavior it's always had until now is to remember that I want the vbox to live on monitor 3, remember the size, etc.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Monitor placement doesn't stick anymore

Post by socratis »

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem. Can you describe your setup? What does "stick" mean? What does "mangled" mean? Can you attach a screenshot in your reply? Locally, not in a 3rd party site, see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.

I want to see the recipe of the VM, the ".vbox" file. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager, select "Show in Finder". ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.