Access bluetooth from Win10 VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
HelloPython

Access bluetooth from Win10 VM

Post by HelloPython »

I installed a Win10 VM and want to give it access to the built-in bluetooth in my macbook pro. When I checked my usb device, however, I don't see an Apple bluetooth host controller choice. The only choice I see is Broadcom Corp USB Host controller, which I failed to attach to my VM as it says "Could not find a USB device with uuid..". I was using USB 2.0 (EHCI) controller.

I wonder:
  1. Would it be possible for my VM to access my built-in bluetooth, and if so, how should I set it up?
  2. If it's not possible, would any external BT adapter that might not support Mac OS X work for the Win10 VM?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Access bluetooth from Win10 VM

Post by socratis »

HelloPython wrote:Would it be possible for my VM to access my built-in bluetooth, and if so, how should I set it up?
Yes. Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.
HelloPython wrote:If it's not possible, would any external BT adapter that might not support Mac OS X work for the Win10 VM?
That would work too. Answers in the thread linked above...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.