Is it safe to update to 6.0.10?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
davidgordon

Is it safe to update to 6.0.10?

Post by davidgordon »

I'm running VB 6.0.8 on a Mac with macOS 10.13.6. It was a pain to install because of the security which I had to bypass using the technique explained on these forums. I always like to run the latest versions of software. Is upgrading to 6.0.10 going to mess things up? Perhaps someone braver than me who has already upgraded from 8 to 10 can tell us how it went.

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Is it safe to update to 6.0.10?

Post by socratis »

davidgordon wrote:It was a pain to install because of the security which I had to bypass using the technique explained on these forums
Once you accept the security confirmation, you don't have to do it again for the same software developer.
davidgordon wrote:Is upgrading to 6.0.10 going to mess things up?
Depends. You can never answer a generic question like that with a Yes/No. If things get messy, you can always downgrade.
davidgordon wrote:Perhaps someone braver than me who has already upgraded from 8 to 10 can tell us how it went.
Brave? No, brave would be to be on the latest Development Build, or building VirtualBox from the source code... :)

Take a look at the "Discuss the 6.0.10 release thread", it contains user reports and the latest known issues...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.